Saturday, May 1, 2010

Surname Saturday - Dentino

One of the many family friends for the Ciccolella's back in Follansbee, West Virginia was Tito Dentino.  He was actually listed as a brother to my grandfather John Ciccolella, however, they were more like family friends.  Anyway, Detino was born June 6, 1883 in Pettorano sul Gizio, Italy.  He left on May 17, 1906 from Naples, landing in New York via the SS Roma on May 30, 1906.  His wife Crista was born June 13, 1886 in Pettorano sul Gizio, Italy. So, a little about the surname - Dentino.  The photo is from 1954 in Follansbee, West Virginia.  Left to right: Tito Dentino, Guiseppe Joe Ciccolella and Giovanni John Ciccolella.

3 comments:

  1. Do you have any more information about Tito Dentino's early days? He was my grandfather—my middle name is Tito.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photo... Tito Dentino was my grandfather. It's quite a treat to find this picture

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, I would love to touch base with you. You can reach me at cbennett610@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete